Wizz Theatre Academy is all about fostering a lifelong love of theatre in young people. I offer after school classes for children and teenagers, specialising in musical theatre and drama. Theatre can take you away to magical places and here at Wizz Theatre
With small class numbers, every student gets the individual time they need to grow their skills as a performer and beyond. You don’t need any experience to attend the academy – we welcome anyone with open arms! Whether you want to do an examination or just want to have fun and make new friends.
Here at the Wizz Theatre
Each individual has their own unique voice and sound. We encourage anyone who loves to sing and help them gain confidence performing in front of others.
Dancing is such a fun way to create feelings, emotions and stories. We love to explore many different styles of dance and help guide students in creating their own movement.
Here at the Wizz Theatre
At Wizz Theatre Academy we offer students the chance to sit Trinity College examinations. This is an internationally recognised syllabus with many different types of examinations to choose from.
We love the holidays here at Wizz! Come along to a Wizz Theatre Academy holiday programme and have fun preparing a mini-musical. We enjoy exciting drama games, group activities and making new friends!
“Imogen has an ability to inspire her students to achieve things they did not think possible. Her infectious enthusiasm rubs off on her students and they dare to dream big because of this.”
– Charmaine – Parent of a student
Class Times and Locations
- 3.15 – 4.15pm : Junior Musical Theatre – Ages 5 to 8 – Looking for expressions of interest
- 4.15 – 5.15pm : Intermediate Musical Theatre – Ages 10 to 12 – Spaces available
- 5.40 – 6.40pm : Intermediate Musical Theatre – Ages 10 to 13 – FULL
- 6.45 – 7.45pm : Advanced Musical Theatre – Ages 15 to 18 – 2 Spaces Available
- The first two classes on a Tuesday are held at the Brooklyn Scout Club (24 Harrison Street). The following two classes take place at the Vogelmorn Bowling Club (93 Mornington Road).
- 3.15 – 4.15pm : Intro to Musical Theatre – Ages 5 to 8 – This class currently isn’t running, but I would love to start it up, so please let me know if you are interested.
- 4.15 – 5.15pm : Junior Musical Theatre – Ages 8 to 11 – Spaces Available
- 5.15 – 6.15pm : High School Musical Theatre – Ages 13 to 16 – 1 space left
- Wizz classes on a Thursday are held at the Hataitai Bowling Club (157 Hataitai Road)
Wizz classes will also be taking place at Saint Marks School on a Monday Afternoon. More details to follow. Even if you can’t make the days or times on offer, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We are growing and always eager to start up new classes.
What makes Wizz Theatre Academy different?
As a teacher, I believe that it is important to understand what really makes a student tick. Maybe your child is interested in a rock song or loves improvisation. Perhaps they love Harry Potter, Shakespeare or musical theatre. The world is our oyster! This is why I teach a Trinity-based curriculum which can lead to so many different interests. Theatre has such a wide scope to it – that’s what makes it so interesting to watch and be a part of.
Sometimes drama classes for kids can be aimed at teaching the ‘basics’ to larger groups, which is a wonderful way to teach drama. Wizz Theatre Academy is different. I really want to get to know each of my students individually and encourage them to grow in the direction that they choose. I aim to motivate, inspire, encourage, and cater to the specific needs of my students.
I have worked hard all my life at being a triple threat performer and I look forward to sharing my skills, knowledge and experience with others.
Imogen Wizz x
“We just can’t thank you enough for the joyful, vibrant confidence you’ve given our daughter. All that extra time and love you give them! We can definitely see the impact it has in shaping her life.”
– Beth – Parent of a student