After School Classes
At Wizz Theatre Academy we run two different types of after school classes. We always have fun at the beginning and end with warm ups, games and group activties. With small class numbers, every child gets the individual time they need to grow. All classes are an hour in length.
Musical theatre is what I like to think of
Students will be learning:
- Singing techniques (breath control, improving vocal range, rhythm, pitch control and
- The craft of acting (how to research and prepare a character, acting techniques, physicality and voice work)
- Dancing or mime skills (Working with the teacher to develop storylines and choreography, learning how to warm up correctly and developing flexibility and strength)
Musical theatre classes are $20 per class for primary aged students and $25 per class for secondary aged. You will recieve an invoice at the beginning of each term. We are flexible with payment options, so let us know if you have any special requests.
Drama is such a great way to build confidence while having an immense amount of fun. I personally believe it is extremely important for children as they are developing and growing. Drama enables us to go into our own fantasy worlds, imagining and taking on the thoughts and feelings of someone else. I love the way it can help us become more empathetic and understanding of the world around us.
Students will be investigating drama through poetry, mime, improvisation, characterisation, plays, monologues, duologues, storytelling, sight reading and more. They will learn acting techniques and how to research and prepare a character. We creatively explore vocal exercises and
*Please note that we currently do not have any ‘just drama’ classes running. I would love to start some up so please send me a message if interested. Drama classes are $15 per class for primary aged students and $20 per class for secondary aged. You will recieve an invoice at the beginning of each term. We are flexible with payment options, so let us know if you have any special requests.
Term one: Introductions
In term one we get to know each other playing lots of fun games and activities. Students will pick individual pieces to work on and start to develop their skills. If sitting an exam, students will choose their examination pieces.
Term Two: Development and Detailing
Students will continue to work on their pieces, refining and detailing them for examinations. We will develop our skills further and practice performing to our peers more frequently.
Term Three: Examinations
Term Four: Performance time
Students will prepare for the end of year show, which always involves a group number. We have lots of fun exploring improvisational games and activities in class.
- 3.15 – 4.15pm : Junior Musical Theatre – Ages 5 to 8 – Looking for expressions of interest
- 4.15 – 5.15pm : Intermediate Musical Theatre – Ages 10 to 12 – Spaces available
- 5.40 – 6.40pm : Intermediate Musical Theatre – Ages 10 to 13 – FULL
- 6.45 – 7.45pm : Advanced Musical Theatre – Ages 15 to 18 – 2 Spaces Available
- The first two classes on a Tuesday are held at the Brooklyn Scout Club (24 Harrison Street). The following two classes take place at the Vogelmorn Bowling Club (93 Mornington Road).
- 3.15 – 4.15pm : Intro to Musical Theatre – Ages 5 to 8 – This class currently isn’t running, but I would love to start it up, so please let me know if you are interested.
- 4.15 – 5.15pm : Junior Musical Theatre – Ages 8 to 11 – Spaces Available
- 5.15 – 6.15pm : High School Musical Theatre – Ages 13 to 16 – 1 space left
- Wizz classes on a Thursday are held at the Hataitai Bowling Club (157 Hataitai Road)
Even if you can’t make the days or times on offer, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We are growing and always eager to start up new classes.